Soon my son will be 3 years old. Now I can say that these were the fastest passing by years. I always thought that university was quick, but no, watching a kid grow is like flashing moments and wow we need bigger clothes.
Some of the rules I have learned during these time:
– your kid is the best in the world, even if he is constantly an asshooole
– you can never love your child too much
– never buy clothes that fit him just right, you’ll need bigger ones in a week
– never cook more, hoping he will eat more. He doesn’t and will throw all away.
– do not buy small toys, by the age of 3. not only because he can choke but also because you will step on them all the time.
– do not buy noise toys, they teach nothing just make you angry.
– let you kid eat by himself only when he is ready, 1 years old cannot control themselves
– let him play outside
– do not make the child’s room a sauna
– kids love sweets but teach them to wash teeth
– no Lego by the age of 5
– always keep the medicine hidden
– do not smoke in front of them
– play with them don’t just pretend to do it or staying in your phone
– let them play alone, they need space as much as adults
– no lies, after the age of 3, he understands more than you know
– explain things, do not make him shut up every time he asks something.
– be patient, he will ask the same thing 1000 times
– enjoy every moment around him
Being a parent is very hard, but also it teaches you to be kind, play, smile and always be grateful.