The day my kid got his first tablet, I am saying first, because you know these things do not last, was a perfect day.
So, today, my 3 years old boy got his tablet, it wasn’t something he asked for or something he has seen at other kids and decided he should definitely have one. No. Just the parents decided it is time to stop harassing mom’s old laptop and get the kid his own device. After his nap, we surprised him with this great invention, but the only reaction he had, was a smile. I mean the kids these days don’t even get surprised anymore with such gifts. I guess he was trying to say “wow another device to destroy or huh, is this a new phone? because i have moms already…”.
Anyway, the family picture right now looks this way: the kid is absorbed into the tablet, asking from time to time for snacks, I got my rights on my very own old laptop and the father is in front of his computer, playing wow (nothing changed here).
So, there are some advantages getting the kid his own device:
- first of all, no more violence ))) I mean I had to fight for the laptop, sometimes ))
- everyone is happy
- more free time for mommy
- you can take it anywhere
And finally, our kid does not spend his entire day with the tablet, he goes to kindergarden and also thank God for this invention.
Soon my son will be 3 years old. Now I can say that these were the fastest passing by years. I always thought that university was quick, but no, watching a kid grow is like flashing moments and wow we need bigger clothes.
Some of the rules I have learned during these time:
– your kid is the best in the world, even if he is constantly an asshooole
– you can never love your child too much
– never buy clothes that fit him just right, you’ll need bigger ones in a week
– never cook more, hoping he will eat more. He doesn’t and will throw all away.
– do not buy small toys, by the age of 3. not only because he can choke but also because you will step on them all the time.
– do not buy noise toys, they teach nothing just make you angry.
– let you kid eat by himself only when he is ready, 1 years old cannot control themselves
– let him play outside
– do not make the child’s room a sauna
– kids love sweets but teach them to wash teeth
– no Lego by the age of 5
– always keep the medicine hidden
– do not smoke in front of them
– play with them don’t just pretend to do it or staying in your phone
– let them play alone, they need space as much as adults
– no lies, after the age of 3, he understands more than you know
– explain things, do not make him shut up every time he asks something.
– be patient, he will ask the same thing 1000 times
– enjoy every moment around him
Being a parent is very hard, but also it teaches you to be kind, play, smile and always be grateful.